October 1, 2013
Ciaran Hickey has been promoted to partner in Wiggin’s Corporate group, bringing the total number of partners to 22. Ciaran joined Wiggin in 2006 and in 2012 was made senior associate. He advises clients across the media and technology sectors on a broad range of corporate transactions, with a particular focus on angel and venture capital investments into digital media and technology companies. Ciaran is also a mentor on the BBC Worldwide Labs accelerator project.
John Banister, Wiggin CEO, comments: “Over the last couple of years, Ciaran has been building up a really interesting corporate practice in the digital and technology sectors, which are projected growth areas for the firm, as well as overseeing many high-level deals for some of our existing clients, like Perform. Ciaran has been with us since 2006 and this promotion is both a great move for him and excellent news for the firm.”
Wiggin’s Corporate group collectively boasts over 50 years of experience in advising media companies on the full range of corporate and corporate finance transactions including M&A, joint ventures, IPOs, public and private investment and restructuring. There continues to be a large amount of corporate work in the media and technology space and over the last few years Wiggin has worked on some of the biggest and most challenging media deals in the sector.
Ciaran’s recent work includes advising:
- Greenbird Media on its equity investments into Tuesday’s Child Television, Crackit Productions, Rumpus Media and Handsome Productions
- Perform Group on several cross-border acquisitions including Sportal Australia and Spox
- Let’s Go Holdings on several financing rounds
- Perform Group on its IPO on the London Stock Exchange
- Access Industries on several equity investments
- Reservoir Media on its acquisitions of Reverb Music and P&P Songs
- Optomen Television on the sale to All3Media
- Manchester United on its acquisition of ITV’s stake in MUTV